Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Beguiled, a Modern Day Barry Lyndon?

I recently saw Sofia Coppola's The Beguiled and despite thinking on a whole the movie was good but not great one thing that I noticed where the amount of shots that reminded me of artwork like paintings. I noticed many scenes which when paused looked like it was a painting created by some famous artist. I know that Stanley Kubrick's film Barry Lyndon is supposed to be like what I thought of the beguiled however I have never seen Barry Lyndon mainly due to the run time and overall subject matter not really appealing to me. However I am interested in the opinions of the people who have seen both films and if they noticed a comparison like I did.



Submitted September 28, 2017 at 01:37PM by ExperimentalGenocide http://ift.tt/2wnstVF

No comments:

Post a Comment