Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Revenant and my stoned panic attack

So last night I was really stoned and I was trying to think of a film to watch. I had recently bought the steelbook Blu-ray of The Revenant and had been meaning to rewatch it since I had only seen it once before. I remember seeing it in theaters and being blown away by the beauty of the natural cinematography. I figured, fuck it. I turned it on and was sent back to sitting in that theater completely emerged in the film. Then came the bear attack scene. This is where my night started to shift with the film. It was intense for sure but I was still more focused on how incredible it all looked. The film is shot in a way that feels like you watching real events on acid. After a while we get to the scene that sets off the main conflict of the film for real. While Hugh Glass lies in pain, unable to speak or move, John Fitzgerald offers to euthanize him if he will blink. John stares at him for like a solid minute and a half causing me to panic and think "HOLY FUCK I WOULD'VE BLINKED AFTER LIKE 8 SECONDS FUCK THIS". The intensity in the eyes of Dicaprio and Hardy in this scene hurt to watch, with that dark, and beautifully intense score banging behind the picture. I love this movie, but last night put me in Glass's shoes, They didn't fit.

TL;DR: I was high as giraffe pussy watching "The Revenant" and had an extreme panic attack during the "All you have to do is blink" scene between Hardy and Dicaprio.

The score playing during the scene for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWjYg8wYZko&list=PLk3VLK-tr8Cc3yCrbemspt9blnmAFm1E6&index=3



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 09:05AM by TheDudeLebowsky http://ift.tt/2wC4R1N

No comments:

Post a Comment