Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Green Turd-Ferno a Green Inferno Review

This movie will make you wince more from second hand embarrassment than from the gory scenes. I understand that this is not meant to be a dramatic, well acted thriller, but in the end I wasn't sure if this was just a satirical piece that is meant to poke fun of millennials and SJWs, or if they really thought that is what college kids are like today.

I went into the Green Inferno excited because the idea is a classic and is something that could really be played with and experimental. A bunch of hippie, rich college students with no real world experience get dropped off in the middle of the Amazon with no survival instincts and are then captured by sadistic cannibals? That's something that you could really make horrifying. But unfortunately it really is never horrifying at all. I was more unsettled by 'the scene' in 13 Reasons Why than anything in this entire movie.

Most of the actors where absolutely horrible. You start of with Lorenza as Justine, which was fine. Then you are introduced to Kaycee... oh my god she was unbearable. While I was watching I kept thinking, there is no way this women got paid to mumble and look completely uninterested for 20 minutes. Then I looked up the actress and only then did it make sense. Sky Ferreira. Shes not an actress. Shes a pretty good singer, but she did not belong in this movie, even if it was for only a section of the film. Watching Juni from SpyKids play as a stoner the whole movie was pretty hilarious. But everyone else was pretty sh't. It's pretty telling that the village people were the best actors, seeing as they were all were recruited from a small village and had never even seen a movie before.

A couple good things: the cinematography was actually pretty good as well as the lighting. I thought the shots were great at certain times. I thought the message was pretty interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of young people that are defending causes that they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I liked that they probably taught a few people about FGM. Thats about it.

A lot of bad things: zero complexity with the characters, the weird 'millennial lingo' scattered through out the movie ("so flip" almost made me turn the movie off), scenes with absolutely no purpose (Juni peeing in the forest scene), the fact that they conveniently wanted to mutilate Justine's genitals... considering she 'feels so strongly' about FGM (even though she learned about it like, a day before), the fact that the entire tribe got high from the weed in Amy's body and they then proceeded to have the munchies. The gore was not even that good. When the arrow hit Kara in the head I literally laughed out loud because it was so crappy looking and the fact that Daniel looked like he was a little wounded and swollen then proceeded to gasp 'kill me' was also hilarious. The ending is confusing and stupid. They just had to throw in a jump scare at the end for.... reasons?

I could go on but it would be even longer than it already has been.

Overall, this is a movie that should be watched as a comedy rather than a thriller or horror movie. If you are the type of person who likes Birdemic and Trolls 2, you'll probably be decently entertained.

What did everyone else think? I know it came out a while ago, I am just trying to get more structured in movie reviews.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 04:24PM by peaches159800 http://ift.tt/2j1ksDu

No comments:

Post a Comment