Sunday, September 17, 2017

The Adventures of Tintin is a fun, hilarious, and sweeping treasure hunt that stands tall among Spielberg's other adventure epics.

I think Tintin got buried in it's release year, and especially in Spielberg's catalog debuting so close to War Horse, because it never seems to come up in the conversation. But man if it isn't a cinematic mo-cap achievement and wholly great adventure film from top to bottom. Revisiting it, you'll find each set piece is masterfully detailed and choreographed. Motion Capture gave Spielberg the liberty to direct without restrictions. And it really shows. Transitions are creative and the camera moves in, out, and around like a feather floating between the action.

Apart from the actual direction, the characters are utterly charming and delightful. This film is so funny. Every zinger or prat fall hits perfectly. The story is engaging and kept me guessing the whole way through. On top of that the film has remarkable rewatchability. I notice something new on each viewing.

I really do hope that this long supposed sequel finds life soon. I think what we've heard has just been hearsay so far, but this is definitely a world I want to revisit and characters I want to explore more with.



Submitted September 17, 2017 at 09:48PM by JordanInTheTV http://ift.tt/2xenF7L

No comments:

Post a Comment