Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Just made friends with a guy who was heavily involved in Full Metal Jacket. Says he'd be happy to let me press him for info--what would you ask?

Don't want to give too many details away, but suffice it to say I recently had the chance to get to know a guy who was heavily involved in the making of Full Metal Jacket. After becoming friendly over the course of a few encounters, I finally worked up the nerve to say "I know this is probably super gauche, but would you ever be open to sharing some Kubrick stories?" as he was leaving. He laughed and said definitely.

We're supposed to hang in the next couple of days. I'm a huge Kubrick fan, though Full Metal Jacket isn't one of my favorites--it seems (probably unfairly) in the echelon of Barry Lyndon or Spartacus (among some others) in not being QUITE as much an awe-inspiring puzzle as some of the others.

So I thought maybe I'd see what you more knowledgeable folks would ask if you had the opportunity? Seemed like too good an opportunity to waste.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 10:32AM by RememberU2U http://ift.tt/2x82eGq

No comments:

Post a Comment