Sunday, September 17, 2017

I'm not sure how well it's regarded here, but I think that Atlantis: The Lost Empire is incredibly underappreciated

I know that "underappreciated" and "underrated" get thrown around on here like it's nothing, but sometimes they're the only words to get it right. It might be nostalgia talking, but I've loved Atlantis since I was a kid. After watching it again today, I decided to look and see how it did, and it pretty much failed.

It only made ~180 million based on a ~100 million budget. It's got a 52 on metacritic, a 49% critic score on rotten tomatoes and a 52% user score and this just kind of blew my mind. It's certainly not the best Disney movie to ever release, but it's got a very quick witted, fast paced style of humor and some gorgeous mixtures of 2D and 3D animation. I just wanted to voice my appreciation for it!



Submitted September 17, 2017 at 03:39PM by WhiteWolfofUtah http://ift.tt/2jBbc9y

No comments:

Post a Comment