Thursday, August 31, 2017

Scathing movie reviews from notable filmmakers

I love reading scathing movie reviews, especially if I hate the movie myself. But often times people who love the movie being roasted, they resort to ad hominem attacks against the critic, saying something like “I’d like to see you do better. You’ve never made a movie in your life.” This is unfair logic since anyone who loves movies, filmmaker or not, is able to articulately explain why he or she loves or hates a movie. But nevertheless, this logic still holds some weight. So when a notable director roasts a film, then his or her critique feels much harsher and factual. The problem is, notable filmmakers often talk about movies they love and rarely write scathing reviews. If there are scathing movie reviews out there written by notable filmmakers, I’d love to read some. Please share.



Submitted August 31, 2017 at 10:36AM by RevolutionMosaic http://ift.tt/2gsqhZG

No comments:

Post a Comment