Hello r/motivation,
Some backstory on me: I've been interested in business and wanted to run my own internet business for quite a while, but I never actually made something (you know... the usual story.) So I decided to force myself to make something, anything, within one month. Actually, I was going to make 12 different products in 12 months. This is the first of many.
So yesterday I launched my product on Product Hunt, posted it to a couple of Facebook groups related to it and made some posts on Reddit (I failed mostly on Reddit, which is why I actually decided to create a new account and start fresh due to embarrassment of how badly the situation was.) More on that later...
To begin with I was doing quite well on Product Hunt, was 5th of the day, but with launches from both Intercom and Pocket, amongst others. I quickly fell down the list, though I still managed to stay on the front-page and at the end of the day ended up with 100+ upvotes.
As I mentioned, I didn't really have a great launch strategy. I simply launched on Product Hunt, shared that I had launched on Product Hunt on other platforms and that was it. But how I shared it on other platforms is where I really fucked up and where I could have definitely improved in order to have increase engagement. I didn't really try to tell a story or even get anyone involved, which is why I ended up getting banned from r/Startup and my post getting down multiple times from different subreddits. I didn't either have much engagement (in both likes or comments on Facebook) and Twitter was non-existent. I would definitely be more prepared next time with content and to ensure to engage people on different social media platforms. I'd also try to create a following for my product before I launch so that there's directly (x) amount of people that could potentially upvote the product.
Another thing I really failed with was the landing-page and to clearly describe the product. I had a lot of questions from people, some doubtful and others who felt that I didn't really provide with a lot of explanation (that has been improved since.) Next time I'll be more transparent and honest about what exactly is offered and how we accomplish it.
(btw sorry that this post is so LOOOOOOOONG and if the language is horrible. I'm writing this on the train.)
So ultimately, what did I do good? To be honest, not much. But considering that I still recieved good feedback and have been able to book 5 meetings with potential customers and have more than 10+ warm leads. I think it proves that if you're really solving an issue that company's have and you're offering a good solution, you can get away with not having the greatest presentation.
Here are more stats from the launch for those who are interested:
[1] meeting completed
[4] meetings scheduled
[10+] prospects / warm leads
The traffic (so far) was:
700+ users and 800+ sessions.
---
And for those who've read this far and are interested to see the product, it's: https://leadhound.co
Thank you for reading and I really want to have a dicussion with you in the comments :)
Submitted October 13, 2018 at 01:31AM by allsuperultra https://ift.tt/2IRiGxX
No comments:
Post a Comment