Monday, September 18, 2017

My experience with moviepass and why it might not be worth it for you.

Awful Support, Won't pay you back for tickets purchased out of pocket: It's been almost a month and my partner's moviepass card still isn't here. Mine arrived in about 8 days but they're not fast enough at sending out people their cards. Their support is awful. I went to watch Dunkirk when their app glitched and I paid out of pocket. It's been 16 days and they still have not refunded me. The last thing their customer support said was to email a picture of the ticket and they never responded again.

Limited theater support as opposed to what they say on their website. In Santa Cruz, CA there are four theaters and all four are said to be supported. Two of them don't list any movies in the app. When I contacted customer support, they said I can just pay out of pocket and they'll refund me. From my past experience, they don't refund tickets paid for out of pocket. That sucks.

I will say that I've gone to the Regal that works well with the moviepass app 3 times (one time paid out of pocket, which I wasn't refunded for). I do want to go to the other two theaters that have more interesting movies than the ones at regal. It is an understatement to say that their customer support sucks.

So much for the hype. I am leaning on the side of cancelling my moviepass. Although, I'm interested in hearing your experiences with moviepass customer support and any other thoughts about moviepass.



Submitted September 18, 2017 at 06:12PM by schrodingerwarnedme http://ift.tt/2xhqUv6

No comments:

Post a Comment