Sunday, September 10, 2017

Why do people dislike movie theaters so much? I love them, always will. Is there something wrong with me?

I feel like I'm one of the few holdouts for theaters nowadays, and I'm a "young" 32 year old. I absolutely love movie theaters. Am I just too easy to please?

I love the energy, the crowd (most of the time), the "feel" of a movie theater. I even love the big megaplexes that so many seem to hate for some reason.

Things I love about movie theaters:

  • The crowd during a comedy, or a horror movie. Laughter is infectious during both comedies and horror films and it just makes everything more memorable.

  • Going to films with friends/family. Sometimes it's hard to get people together due to lots of things regarding life, and movie theaters are an easy way to get people together for an experience that doesn't seem that social, but really is.

  • Concession stands. I just love the food for what it is, even the stuff people would label as "crappy"

Things I dislike (kinda):

  • I mean, I guess it sucks that a soda is $5, but, whatever. Sure it's overpriced, but for Pete's sake I'm 32 years old now. If I ever get to a point where I can't spare whatever they end up charging for a soda, I'm going to consider myself a failure (career wise)

  • The random person that talks during a movie, on very rare occasions. Yes, this is annoying as hell.

  • 25 minutes of trailers before a film @ my local Regal. I'm not exaggerating the length, and this isn't counting the commercials that play before the advertised movie start time. This aspect is getting pretty damn ridiculous.

Overall, I just love movie theaters. I'm hoping to sign up for Moviepass as well too.

I know the theater experience isn't perfect, but neither is my living room. I also work from home, and I enjoy getting out and having some fun.

Thanks for reading.



Submitted September 10, 2017 at 10:09PM by Logical007 http://ift.tt/2vZrqz4

No comments:

Post a Comment