Monday, September 11, 2017

What's the worst movie you've seen this week

For me, it was Death Note, the Netflix original film.

I'm not familiar with the manga/anime so I judged it as a movie, and it flat out didn't work as a movie.

Cinematography is bland, it looked like they didn't color grade the raw footage and there were so many pointless tilts. There were some moments that had actual color and contrast but that's like 3% of the movie.

The acting was terrible, especially from Nat Wolff. Every time he screamed, I bursted out laughing. He was just so wimpy, I couldn't take him seriously as a protagonist.

Writing was terrible as well, dialogue was corny and awkward and the editing was very questionable too.

The story was guess what...terrible. Especially with the subplot with Nat Wolff's character and his love interest. They start talking for like 2-3 days and then they start making out in his room and begin dating. They would get into arguments and then go "I love you" and then make out in the rain. I felt absolutely nothing during their scenes together since there was absolutely little to no build up to their relationship.

The violence was so cartoonish. There was this one scene that showed people jumping off a cliff and when they hit the ground, they basically splattered like eggs.

According to this movie, humans = eggs.

I guess the only positives were Willem Dafoe and Shea Wigham, they made their material work, and some of the score was good.

I'd give it 2 Nat Wolff screams out of 10.



Submitted September 11, 2017 at 07:07PM by SuperDillan322 http://ift.tt/2vQeHub

No comments:

Post a Comment