Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Was 'Goodbye Charlie' a meme in movies in the 60s?

When last year I started watching more movies from the 60s, I noticed what might have been a meme or a coincidence.

I'll list the three examples I know, but I suspect there might be more in movies I haven't watched:

  • Some Like It Hot (1959): Just at the start there is a bit of lines and a 'Goodbye, Charlie.'
  • Charade (1963): During the wake, a man says 'Arrivederci, Charlie', which literally means 'Goodbye, Charlie' in Italian.
  • Goodbye Charlie (1964): the title and the tune.

It has been haunting me for a while and I'd like to know if there is a story behind this. To note that all the examples above are in some way tied with funerals.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 11:29AM by bugcatcherinvf http://ift.tt/2wF1Uw8

No comments:

Post a Comment