Monday, September 11, 2017

The thing I'm so happy they left out of the movie IT

I'm happy they left out all the racism stuff of the town. While I know it's a big point of the book the movie worked so much better without trying to give social commentary at this divided time in the country. It was more of a movie everyone likes cause it stayed focused and grounded in the single story. It didn't let social issues distract from the main villian and let that be people's main focus.

I obviously got flack trying to say this to people in real life but I really am glad they left it out. If you need an example of why I would bring up the movie Pursuit of Happyness (i know many probably haven't seen this movie but I loved it). In the movie it could have been an extremely depressing movie filled with social stigmas and stuff but instead they chose to focus on the optimism. And because of the tone of the movie I got an uplifted feeling from that movie rather than a hateful feeling that most movies with social commentary have. I also think this is why foreign directors can be so vital to movie making. Because they understand racism is an issue but they don't try to virtue signal you to death



Submitted September 11, 2017 at 12:57PM by covetmydick http://ift.tt/2jl7q43

No comments:

Post a Comment