Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Green Hornet (2011) - why all the hate?

I've been avoiding this movie for years because of all the shitty/low reviews it got.

Recently I decided to watch every Seth Rogen + Evan Goldberg movie and after seeing them all this was the last one on my list.

Now luckily I went in knowing it was a Seth Rogen/Evan Goldberg movie so I was prepared for the kind of experience that followed.

Unfortunately, I don't think most people were, and I think most people who saw the film thought it was a stupid/failed serious-take on a superhero, whereas it was always a comedy, never trying to take itself too seriously, which is something that probably went over a lot of people's heads. Especially anyone paying money to see the film in 3-D like Roger Ebert.

I didn't think this movie was bad at all. In fact, it blew away my expectations and I wish it wasn't so widely-panned, as I would happily watch it again and I think it deserves a solid 70% rating at the very least. It's definitely nowhere even remotely as bad as some other superhero movies I've seen like Daredevil, Catwoman, Fantastic Four, Elektra etc.



Submitted September 05, 2017 at 01:31PM by theaxeassasin http://ift.tt/2f0oCqT

No comments:

Post a Comment