Monday, September 11, 2017

Question about "The Great Escape" (1963)

Firstly, just saw this film last night and I cannot express how much I enjoyed it. This is easily one of my favorite films of all time and ranks just slightly under Bridge on the River Kwai for me.

Spoilers ahead: don't read if you haven't watched the film

Now for my question: How did they obtain forged travel papers and civilian clothing for all 250 prisoners? I understand that Hendley "The Scrounger" stole a German guards wallet and used the identification papers in there as a template for the fake ones, but how did he actually get them printed and brought to the camp? Did he have connections with someone who makes forged travel papers? Also, what was the point of dying their uniforms if they already had civilian clothes?

I feel like I must have missed out on little details like these, so I would appreciate if someone could fill in the holes for me.



Submitted September 11, 2017 at 04:47PM by Arslan7041 http://ift.tt/2wWbg6P

No comments:

Post a Comment