Saturday, September 9, 2017

Movie theater new policy?

I don't know if this is the best Sub-reddit to post this, but it relates to movies so what the heck. Before I go on, I am posting this to hear your thoughts and if what was done was fair, or complete bs.

So earlier today, me, a friend, and my adult sister(over 20) went to go watch IT. We had already pre-purchased tickets and were beyond hyped to watch it.

A little more backstory, this Marcus movie theater is relatively new. I have seen a R rated movie in this theater, with my same adult sister, and all she had to do was sign me in. No problem.

This time however, we went to show the lady our tickets and this is where it went south. She literally just says something along the lines of, "You need a parent to let in underage people". We were confused, because we have seen a R rated movie here before, and they never said the guardian had to be our parent. So we inform her, like they let us in last time, so what was that about? She says something about the Marcus theater policy saying the adult guardian has to be your parent, and they have to have their ID. (We weren't being rude, just kind of curious). So my sister asks if she can show her ID, and we can get in. She says no once again, and continues to say the adult guardian has to be our parent. Plus, she adds that they shouldn't have let us in last time, and it that it was against the policy.

So we accept it and went to get a refund, once again not in a rude manner. More in a bummed out matter, and once inside the car. I check the policy and nowhere does it say they have to your legal parent. It just states you need an adult guardian with you, and we had my sister who was an adult assisting us. Me and my friend are both above the age of 12 too. As all it says is that kids under the age of 6, cannot attend R Rated Movies.

So please respond with your feedback about this. Weather it was fair, or the worker was just having a laugh at us.

Real bummed out, was looking forward to IT.

Get it? I'll leave now...



Submitted September 09, 2017 at 09:10PM by ReallProto http://ift.tt/2xmJ8wr

No comments:

Post a Comment