Sunday, September 10, 2017

I don't want to beat a dead horse by bringing up Requiem For A Dream, but...

I can't help but feel underwhelmed. It was nothing like I imagined it would be. I went in thinking it was about actual dreams, like sleeping n' shit kinda like Inception) and I was completely blindsided by the story (which I will be vague about and try to avoid all spoilers). I expected to be influenced by the movie in an extreme way because I myself am a druggie who fucks with the harder shit but I just ended up mildly indifferent or maybe even envious and nostalgic of what I saw. I finished the movie maybe 15minutes ago from when I'm writing this and I read a few posts about people being "emotionally drained" or "fucked up" by even half way through but when it faded to black and the credits began to roll I was left wanting more, I felt unsatisfied. Am I already fucked up or crazy? Has the movie just not settled in my mind yet? Should I watch it again? I don't think there was anyway my expectations were too high because I knew nothing about it before going in, what a great film though.

TL;DR: the movie didn't do anything for me, am I just naturally fucked up or crazy?



Submitted September 10, 2017 at 02:35AM by Cromeknome http://ift.tt/2eOiKAm

No comments:

Post a Comment