Sunday, September 10, 2017

Cloud Atlas is probably the best 'spur of the moment' film Ive seen

What a rush this film was. Originally going to watch something else, but decided to watch this for some reason instead at the last minute. Ive been watching a lot of great films for the first time recently (Pulp Fiction, Donnie Darko, There Will be Blood), and Cloud Atlas for the sum of its parts is one of my favourites.

Theres definitely problems with the film, its messages are sometimes delivered in a hamfisted way, and sometimes the plotlines arent given enough time or feel rushed (The 70s segment in San Fran was the biggest offender) but these complaints are all feathers compared to the massive ambition behind this film. And holy shit, the range of characters these insanely talented actors played made my jawdrop in that credits sequence, it did change the tone of the film and look a bit jarring sometimes, but I felt alot of it was purposeful.

Anyway enough rambling. If you havent seen this film I cant recommend it enough. I guess I should pick up the book now.



Submitted September 10, 2017 at 05:16PM by PrimalAnus http://ift.tt/2fbSb8G

No comments:

Post a Comment